If your anything like me, you want to minimize all the crap that comes along with having polycystic ovarian syndrome, but not load yourself up with all pf the medicine. Today, I want to talk about turmeric and all of the amazing benefits it has in treating our symptoms, cysters.
- Turmeric contains Curcumin which has great medicinal properties. Not only is it a antioxidant, but it has strong anti-inflammatory properties which is awesome for cysters that suffer from chronic inflammation.
- Turmeric & Curcumim is an amazing antioxidant. It helps protect our bodies against free radicals that cause oxidative damage. This damage causes aging as well as many diseases. As a cyster, you are already at risk for diabetes and high blood pressure. Prevention, prevention, prevention.
- Turmeric & Curcumin can increase levels of BDNF which is a type of growth hormone that is found in the brain. It helps us grow new neurons and can even prevent or reverse the degenerative processes in the brain.
- Turmeric & Curcumin can help prevent heart disease which is a huge thing if your a woman and carry that extra X chromosome.
- Turmeric & Curcumin can help with depression. By increasing levels of BDNF in our brain, Turmeric has been proven to have the same success as prozac in a 6 week trial period. We know that PCOS can sometimes cause depression and anxiety, so this is a great preventative.
- There is proof that Turmeric and Curcumin can also help prevent (and some say even help cure) cancer. It has amazing properties that can help kill cancer cells. Cysters, we are at risk for ovarian cancer among other things, so again, this is a great preventative.
It is important to note that traditional turmeric supplements are not easily absorbed into the bloodstream. The best way to take Turmeric is in liquid form and ideally with Bioperine which helps your absorb up to 2000% more Curcumin. My favorite is Qunol Liquid Turmeric. It tastes great and is easy to take.